Clean water is essential, as it is the basis of fluids in all living organisms, and is absolutely necessary to sustain life. When discussing vital factors that are key to achieving optimum health, consuming clean water should be at the top of the list.
Many common health problems can be avoided by simply drinking more water. Staying hydrated and drinking plenty of water helps to expel wastes from the body. Water is also a transport medium for the nutrients our bodies need. Body temperature is regulated by the amount of water in the body. Water also regulates the pH balance and supports a multitude of physiological processes.
Being well hydrated elevates energy levels and can help alleviate headaches. Water helps the cells in your body to absorb nutrients. Other not-so-well-known advantages of drinking clean water regularly include:
1. Refreshing youthful looks: Drinking plenty of water will keep your skin moisturized and will also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Speedy and more effective weight loss: Drinking water also helps your body burn stored fat. If your daily water intake is not enough, your liver will be forced to help your kidneys detoxify your body, therefore reducing the rate of metabolism in your body. Water also suppresses your appetite, so that you eat less.
3. Muscle building: Another benefit of drinking water is that it makes your muscles stronger, because water carries oxygen to the cells of your body, including the muscles. Drinking plenty of water enables your muscles to work harder and longer before they feel tired, and this can help you build muscle.
4. Smarter cognition: Clean water in your system can increase cognitive functions. Your brain needs a lot of oxygen to function at optimum levels. Drinking plenty of water will ensure that your brain gets as much oxygen as it needs. Water also supports nerve function by ensuring that your nerves relay messages to and from the brain in the way they were meant to.
5. Flexible joints: One little known benefit of drinking water is that it helps keep your joints strong, healthy and lubricated. Your joints have to be moisturised to remain strong and flexible, so that your movements are smooth and pain free.
Severe dehydration causes many problems, not the least of which are fatigue, depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, weakness, and loss of energy. When you feel thirsty, it is infinitely healthier to drink water, rather than juice, carbonated drinks or other beverages. Clean or safe water, simply put, is water that is all right for human consumption. This means the water is free of germs, is colourless and odourless. Simple techniques for water purification include chlorination, filters and solar disinfection.
There's always plenty of clean water around, no matter the occasion, so take advantage of it; drink lots of water every day and stay healthy!